Moving house is an extremely stressful and exhausting experience. However this does not mean that the actual execution of your relocation should be stressful.
With prior preparation and the services of a professional and reliable company, moving house could be 'just one of those things'
The key to a successful removal is planning and preparation. Below is a basic checklist and some advise and helpful tips to get started.
We have extensive fleet specialist vehicles, experienced staff and one of the most comprehensive services and facilities available. We are able to cater for all your domestic needs for a successful relocation. We will visit you prior to your move and advise you on how you should prepare for the removal day.
Whatever your moving needs, You can choose all-inclusive service and you have complete peace of mind that professionals taken care of your relocation allowing you to concentrate on more important things like your family. Each move is completely customised to cater to the customer’s needs
Correct packing will ensure that your belongings are well protected for your move. We offer this service for a reasonable charge.
Its a good idea to make a list for each room showing all items present. This could be useful as an inventory for estimation.
- Make sure you are able to bank in your new location; you may have to change branch or bank.
- We understand that you may feel more comfortable moving jewellery, valuable and finical documents yourself. We can provide any boxes or containers necessary
Utilities and Services
- Give notice to utilities, telephone, gas, water, electricity, broadband, digital TV ect that you are moving.
- Check the best suppliers at your relocation
- Contact the utilities for your new house and ensure you have the services you require
- Consider other requirements at your new location, such as GP, Schools, Vet, Dentist etc.
- Send out change of address cards to banks, employers, local authorities, credit and insurance companies, subscription, DVLA, DSS and of course friends and family.
- Cancel deliveries/ services; Milk, newspapers, gardeners, cleaners, etc
- Inform any clubs or societies of the move
- Pay the post office to reroute any mail for 3-6 months.
- If you have children apply in advance to the local LEA in your new area for School places.
- Basically declutter, clear your garage, basement, loft, cupboards of any unwanted items.
- Have a car boot sale but make sure all appliances and systems are serviced and working
- Use the contents of your fridge, freezer before you move
- Collect any belongings you have on loan or repair
Day of Move
- We can pack your belongings for you either the day before or on the day
- Keep out until last kettle, tea, coffee and biscuits, vacuum cleaner and your children’s boxes
- If your removal involves an overnight stay on route, pack your night time essential and clean set of clothes in your car
Pets and Children
- Consider in advance how you can transport and re-house any animals
- Arrangements can be made if you wish the company move your pets for you
- Try involving your children so they look forward to moving into a new house
- Our staff always take extra care when children are around the removal process as moving heavy items can be dangerous, and vans are not safe places for children, A good idea would be to have the children’s box loaded last onto the van and first out again.